The Guy From "Milk City", Stalley [One of My Favorite ARTIST] Dropped His Highly Anticipated Mixtape Today "Savage Journey To The American Dream"...
Go Support GREAT Music, Lyricism, Word Play, Content and Delivery !
Download it ---> SJTTAD
Friday, March 30, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
|What I always find is missing is the most important networking tool
FACE TO FACE INTERACTION. Whether it’s a film maker, comedian, fashion
designer or model I work with creative people of all kind and I hear the
same complaint from everyone, that they need more exposure. Although
they have a website/blog, LinkedIn profile, Facebook page, twitter etc.
they feel nothing is getting them closer to where they want to be in
their career. What I always find is missing is the most important
networking tool FACE TO FACE INTERACTION.|
I remember when Mark Zuckerberg was giving a talk in NYC about Facebook, he was asked whether online social networking would replace or even trump face to face networking. Zuckerberg responded with smile and stated that Face to Face interaction will never be replaced because it is the main social networking tool, and that the internet is just an assistant.
I dedicate this blog article to something I hold dear to my heart, face to face socializing. Face to face networking is essential to building trust and credibility. The ability to clearly communicate your career goals with someone face to face shows that you are serious about your craft. The following are a couple of helpful tips for you as you network in the entertainment and fashion industry:
1. Get Out of The House: Go and attend events where people who you want to work with will be present. If you have to fork over $5 to $40 for a ticket then do it. Hopefully food is included if you are paying more than $10! Every networking event that you go to increases your rate of connections. What I have found, is that it is not the 1st person that you know that will help you, but its the 4th or 5th person that 1st person knows that gets you the best connection for your profession. (read the fourth person rule!)
2. Fourth Person Rule: The lawyer I work for taught me this rule so listen up. Let say for example A is looking for modeling work. A meets B at a party. A tells B that she is an aspiring model. B says that she does not work with models, however she knows people who do. After the party A follows up with B through email asking B to connect her with people in the modeling industry. B gives A the telephone number of modeling agency C. A calls up C and states that B referred her to call C, C is now interested and takes A’s information. C then tells X to contact A about potential work. X calls A and asks for a portfolio and resume. X is the fourth person! The fourth person rule shows you the initial face to face interaction, helped B trust A enough so that B would give up the phone number of one of her “connections.” (Thank you Mary Beth Bogan Esq.!)
3. Answering the question: So what do you do? Answer this question with some pizzazz, don’t just tell the person the title of your job. So for example take the following job title: “I am a garbage man.” Instead of saying garbage man, you should say ” I deal with waste management on a large-scale and am responsible for the public health in my local town” See how more sophisticated and sexy that sounds. It shows that you are more than just a label, you have a purpose and a responsibility. This will also help the other person to ask a follow-up question about your job.
4. Answering the question: Where are you from? I do not particularly like this question because I have a diverse ethnic background so I am always wondering if they want to know what is my ethnicity or where I actually live. So the way I answer this question is by saying, “well I live close enough to get here in under 30 minutes!” This shows the listener that you have a sense of humor and at the same time you are not disclosing your locality/ethnicity since it may be something you want to keep private at first, and later tell them if you feel comfortable.
5. How to dress: Do not dress like everyone else. Wear something that is memorable. The days of being conservative and mundane with your clothing is out of the window. Even if you are looking for a job as a librarian or an accountant, dress in a manner that shows you have some style and personality, because that will make the person you are talking to remember you and want to learn more about you. I REPEAT DRESS WELL. Please go and watch an episode of MAD MEN and you will know what I am talking about.
6. Business cards: DO NOT USE VISTA PRINT. Oh my goodness, the next time I see someone who has a business card that says on the back “vista print” it tells me that you did not invest the time and money in getting quality business cards. Spend the time and get crisp high quality business cards because it is a representation of who you are. Note: I have recently seen people who have put a photograph of their face on their business cards, so long as the photograph is of studio quality, then I find it a good idea to do this.
7. Your sales pitch in a single sentence: You must be able to clearly state who you are, what you do, and your career goal clearly in order to effectively give the listener a firm grasp of who you are. This may sound impossible at first. But once you are able to pinpoint exactly what you do, and where you want to take your profession, you will be able to formulate your sale’s pitch. Here is a simple example, for an aspiring stylist try saying that: ” My name is ____, and I work in the image enhancement industry, I want to become a personal stylist for Pop-artists because my schedule is flexible and I work well under pressure.”
Closing remarks: Sometimes we feel like we are wasting time going to events again and again, and we feel disappointed that we have not received immediate gratification in our career. Improving your career is not like shopping for a new outfit. You can not simply purchase a career that fits you. You have to keep on shopping yourself around and ask for direction from others to see if they know a person who can give a job tailored to you!
Via - FameAppeal
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The UnReal "UnSeen" is More Powerful Than The Real.... Because it's Only Intangible Ideas, Concepts, Beliefs, Fantasies That Last. Stone Crumbles. Wood Rots. People, well... They Die.
Sent via Ismail's Blackberry by AT&T
Monday, March 26, 2012
Stalley chats with Julian of B96 for Gowhere Hip Hop at the Gowhere offices.
Topics include: how Stalley met Rick Ross and joined Maybach Music Group, what artists he listens to, what artists he'd like to work with, upcoming projects and goals, and even tips on how to grow a beard.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
The real secret, the real formula for power/success in the world, lies in accepting the ugly reality that learning requires a process, and this in turn demands patience and the ability to endure drudge work. It is not sexy or seductive at first glance, but this truth is based on something real and substantial... An age old wisdom that will never be overturned. The key is the level of your desire. If you are really after success, power and mastery, then absorb this idea deeply and engrave it in your mind: There are no shortcuts. You will distrust anything that is fast and easy. You will be able to endure the initial months of dull, repetitive labor, because you have an overall goal. This will prevent you from falling short or short-circuiting, knowing many things but mastering none of them. In the end, what you really will be doing is mastering yourself... Your impatience, your fear of boredom and empty time, your need for constant fun and amusement.
Sent via Ismail's Blackberry by AT&T
Saturday, March 24, 2012
I teased you with some behind the scenes images of the upcoming collaboration between Hublot and basketball team Miami Heat, Now I finally show you images of the completed chronograph watch.
Together the two worked on the popular King Power, which comes in a rose gold version with black bezel, black strap and a bold Miami Heat logo placed on the dial. Furthermore ‘Miami Heat’ is written on the back of the case, which also unveils the movement of the watch. Proceeds from the sales of the exclusive Miami HEAT limited edition timepiece will go directly to the Miami HEAT Charitable fund to benefit the South Florida Community.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
|The previous pie chart I posted covered the past 30 years of record sales. Now, that I've had my camera for a while [and have done shoots]... as well as have done some editing and the works... here's a "Photographers" post.|
This one deals with photographers, more specifically how most individuals assume they/we spend their/our time [left], along with a second chart [right] showing how they/we actually spend their/our time. Not so fabulous, huh?
I'm Ready For It... Bring IT !!!
Here is a look at an upcoming collaboration of Hublot and basketball team Miami Heat. Together they worked on a rose gold version of the iconic Big Bang watch. The dial is kept in the signature Miami Heat colors and even includes the Miami Heat logo. There is currently no information on the release of the watch, but I will Definitely keep you posted.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
When we see individuals of worth, we should think of equaling or Surpassing them; when we see individuals of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves...
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Ta'leef Collective presents a new series of videos titled INTIMATE CONVERSATIONS. In these series of videos they sit with a special guest in front a studio audience and record the talk show style discussion.
In this Intimate Conversations video, Ta'leef founder Usama Canon and special guest Imam Suhaib Webb talk about CHANGE. In a heartfelt manner, Imam Suhaib discusses the importance of the work Ta'leef Collective is doing and how we should look at the concept of change in our community juxtaposed with the Shari'a and history of the early Muslim communities.
Via - Mustafa Davis
Monday, March 19, 2012
|SKITZIN ENT. PRESENTS.....FRIQI FRIDAY...|
WATCH THE QUEENS EDITION
HONORING OUR QUEENS-
SEGMENTS HONORING PROMINENT WOMEN MAKING A HUGE IMPACT IN THEIR COMMUNITY, IN THEIR FIELD, IN THE ARTS, AND BEYOND.
JOIN US FOR AN INSPIRING NIGHT AND WITNESS THE POWER OF WOMEN.
HOSTED BY NAJMAH53- NAJMAH53 IS A SPOKEN WORD ARTIST, MENTOR, HOST OF THE RADIO SHOW "SPOTLIGHT", GRAPHIC/FASHION DESIGNER, AND ENTREPRENEUR.
NEW YORK PHILLY FASHION SHOWCASE-
M'SQUARED FASHUNZ (PHILLY) FASHION DESIGNER
YUMNAH NAJAH (NEW YORK) ACCESSORIES DESIGNER
YASMINE YASMINE (NEW YORK) FASHION STYLIST
AND CHOCOLATE (NEW YORK) MAKE UP ARTIST
SPOKEN WORD/MUSIC PERFORMANCES:
KEISHA "LO-KEI" SLAUGHTER (NEW ORLEANS/PHILLY) SINGER/SONGWRITER
GRETCHEN ELISE (PHILLY) SINGER/SONGWRITER IN NEO-SOUL, JAZZ AND WORLD WITH HER LIVE BAND!!!
CALII (NEW JERSEY/CT) HIP HOP ARTIST
JESICA BLANDON (NEW YORK) HBO SPOKEN WORD ARTIST
AND MANY MORE!!!
NETWORKING- BRING YOUR BUSINESS CARDS
POP-UP SHOP- FRIQI FASHIONS & OTHERS
(THE DOPEST FASHION AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE)
FOR MORE INFO:
The Beginning of Love is To Allow Those We Love Be Perfectly ThemSelves, and Not To Twist Them To Fit Our Own Image...
OtherWise We Love Only The Reflection of OurSelves We Find in Them...
Sent via Ismail's Blackberry by AT&T
Saturday, March 17, 2012
|For Celebrity Fight Night, sponsor IWC presents a special version ‘Muhammad Ali’ version of its beautiful Big Pilot Watch.|
“This IWC Big Pilot’s Watch “Muhammad Ali” is a one-of-a-kind piece made of white gold, and featuring unique hand and appliqués coloring with the use of signal-red superluminova. Note also the red color on the inside of the black alligator leather strap — symbolic with the color of boxing gloves. The case back shows the signature of Muhammad Ali with the engraving “Edition Muhammad Ali, ONE OUT OF ONE.”Among other things, the watch will be auctioned off on the night, taking place March 24th, 2012, with all proceeds going to charity.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
|Over the past couple weeks it has all but been confirmed that one of the most classic IVs, the Bred will be making its return this year. They were last retroed in 2008, but come November, they’ll hit stores again.|
“It’s The Roc” The man behind the boards of Rockafella Records greatest records, Young Guru on The Combat Jack Show feat. Dallas Penn. No need for me to type too much here. Another classic one in the books. You know the drill..It never stops!
Sunday, March 11, 2012
|Here is Another of My "Beautified Series"... This is Dedicated To My Awesomely Beautiful, Supportive, Talented, InComparable, Loving and Elegant Sister Yasmine !!!|
I'm More Than Thankful She is in My Life and We Share Blood and A Mother, Allah Has Truly Blessed Me Tremendously !
May Allah Bless Her With Many More and May He Preserve Her and Grant Her All That She Desires [That's Good For Her] and May He Give Her Continued Success !
Saturday, March 10, 2012
“Everything New” is the first leak off Stalley’s Savage Journey to the American Dream, which releases on 3.30.12.
The track is produced by Chad Hugo [reminiscent of that old Neptune sound].
Friday, March 09, 2012
Today I Present "The Other Friqi"... My Friend and Poet/Musician Seff Al-Afriqi Drops His Latest Project in The Form of a Mixtape.
He Has Been Working On It For A While and Now We Have It, This Brother is CRAZY Talented and Deserves A Listen and Support.
Don't Play Games, Go Download This Mans Project... IT'S FREE !!!
Don't Front You Know You Wanna Hear It.
Download Here... ---> "The Other Friqi"-Is[Smile]-
The Other Friqi (EP) is the first major recorded project of Seff Al-Afriqi in 2012. The Other Friqi is a blend of spoken word poetry, hip-hop, pop, jazz, drum and soul all wrapped in one. To be enjoyed by all.
released 08 March 2012
Skitzin Ent Inc
Producer- Prince Dred
Graphic Art- Najm Designs
Thursday, March 08, 2012
Giving up was and will never be an option... And for Big K.R.I.T.’s new visual, directed by Va$htie, he offers words of encouragement and perseverance !
Better Go download 4Eva N A Day.
Better Go download 4Eva N A Day.
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
I'm an overly persistent individual and sometimes I don't have an "off switch" when it comes to what I want... Don't be afraid or shy to let me know [in the right manner] when I should desist in my persistence!
Someone Asked Me What I Did When I Was "Bored" and Instead of Tellin Em, I Decided To Upload Something... [I Was Told When I Was Younger... "There's No Such Thing as Bein Bored, Shouldn't Be In Your Vocabulary"]...
So This is Me... Bein "Bored".
I Should Upload More of Me Reciting, No ?
Monday, March 05, 2012
Saturday, March 03, 2012
Another WILD Night With My CIGM Family...
Music By: Wod G [CEO of CIGM]
CIGM, It's Gon' Be A HOT Summer !!!
Thursday, March 01, 2012
The Project From Stalley "Savage Journey to the American Dream" Finally has a release date... 3/30/12 !!! Mark your calendars!
Till then enjoy “Trap Money”, a joint by Stalley produced by Bennyhaze from the "Songs by Me, Stalley" sessions.
Here We Have The Visual For Stalley's FreeStyle Over Common's Blue Sky Track... This is The First Visual From His "Songs By Me, Stalley" Series He Just Wrapped Up !
Look Out For The Release Date of "Savage Journey To The American Dream" Soon...
The visual was filmed by Slick Jackson.
The Broad Street Bully Went In... !
Shot, Directed, and Edited by Ryan Archibald.
|GQ has named the Best New Menswear Designers in America for 2012. There are some great brands in the line-up this year.|
All six designers will be featured in the upcoming April 2012 issue of GQ and will be given an opportunity to work with Gap to create a limited-edition collection.
The “Best New Menswear Designers in America” selected by GQ for 2012 are:
BLK DNM: Johan Lindeberg’s new contemporary luxury brand inspired by downtown New York with a focus on denim.
Ian Velardi: The designer’s new menswear collection can be described in three words: timeless, luxurious, and effortless.
Mark McNairy New Amsterdam: Known primarily for his trend-inspiring footwear, this designer’s clothing line includes updated Ivy and military staples.
Ovadia & Sons: Brooklyn-bred twin brothers Shimon and Ariel Ovadia offer updated classics in luxury sportswear, tailored clothing, shoes, and accessories.
Saturdays: This surfing-inspired line, designed by owners Morgan Collett, Josh Rosen, and Colin Tunstall, focuses on a clean aesthetic with high-quality craftsmanship, traditional styling, and authenticity.
Yodd Snyder: Inspired by old-school British style and the relaxed cool of Hollywood icons, this designer’s collection of American classics is marked by an assured attention to detail.
Who should win the award for 2012 in your opinion?
View The Rest Here !